Thursday, December 26, 2013

Growing Pains



Welcome back to my blog. This is actually my "second coming", if you will. My first attempt at blogging stalled as I didn't remain active.

Since it has been so long, I guess it is proper for me to give you all an update. 

I am still trying to build my landscaping business, Leaf It To Us. It has been an interesting journey with a number of “Growing Pains”. My work ethic and attention to detail caught the eye of several of my clients, landing me a job in 2011, as a manager at a high end private sports club. Working for this facility allowed me to grow in a number of different ways. The experience that I gained was absolutely invaluable. The constraints of this job however, conflicted with the challenges of trying to actually grow my business. 

After two years of trying to juggle a full time management job and my passion, I finally had to leave behind the security of that position. It was a very tough decision. Before stepping out on that ledge I had conversations with a lot of other small business owners including some of the membership of the club. The consensus opinion that I got from my many conversations was that as an entrepreneur; you are solely responsible for your successes and failures and ultimately every decision that you make impacts your livelihood; but, there is nothing in the world like having total control of your destiny. 

I hope that you will come back and follow me as I share with you this chapter of my journey, my “Growing Pains”.

No comments:

Post a Comment